Ultimate quilting tour to England and scotland!
Join US Quilt Tours for a fabulous Festival of Quilts Summer Tour through the incredible countries of ENGLAND and SCOTLAND! Hop on board our luxurious motor coach and head off for culture, mouth watering cuisine and a TON of QUILTING!
Tour Dates: July 28 – August 9, 2024
here are Some of the Highlights you’ll enjoy on Your trip to England and Scotland…
- Tour the infamous Tower of London
- Spend time shopping at the historic Liberty of London!
- Visit London‘s famous Victoria & Albert Museum and their quilt collection!
- Travel through the beautiful Cotswolds
- An unforgettable visit to Windsor Castle
- Spend TWO days at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham!
- Bring out the Robin Hood inside at Nottingham Castle
- Walk through the history of textiles at the Bradford Industrial Museum
- Be in AWE viewing the tremendous Great Tapestry of Scotland
- Spend an entire day exploring the picturesque Edinburgh
- Learn and experience all about Scottish wool: “From Sheep to Shop”
- Explore the truly one-of-a-kind Glencoe
- And SO much more!
How much does the 12 Day Festival of Quilts Long Tour cost?
tour price starts at $6364 per person
$500 Deposit required per person. Final payment due by May 28, 2024.
To hold your place, simply click the button below to fill out the registration form. Once your registration is processed, you will receive a follow up from US Quilt Tours to verify your registration information, go over all the nitty gritty details of the tour, schedule payment and answer any and all questions you may have. Easy peezy!
What’s included in the price? Check this out!
- International Air fare
- Services of tour manager – Expert Quilter Gina Perkes
- Services of local tour guides
- 2 day entrance to THE FESTIVAL OF QUILTS
- 11 nights accommodation
- Breakfast each morning
- 2 lunches and 5 amazing dinners
- Modern executive coach for transfers and touring
- 1st Class tickets for the rail travel from London to Birmingham
- Entrance fees to Victoria & Albert Museum & curator led tour
- Entrance fees to Windsor Castle and all museums
- And much more!!
meet your tour manager!
Gina Perkes is an internationally award-winning quilter. In 2015, she received The Best Longarm Machine Workmanship award at the AQS Paducah show. Her quilt Nostalgia is now displayed at the National Quilt Museum in Kentucky.
Gina has been quilting for nearly two decades and has developed many tools for machine quilters, including ruler templates and stencils for longarm and domestic machine quilting. She has appeared at several quilting shows and is the author of : Mastering the Art of Longarm Quilting, Appliquilting, Guide to Grids, and Tips for Longarm Quilting. She operates her shop, The Copper Needle, BERNINA sewing machine and longarm dealership in Payson, Arizona. Gina loves working with other quilters, sharing her techniques and helping them find inspiration and gain confidence. She teaches both domestic and longarm techniques and believes that quilting is therapeutic and strives to create a stress-free, fun learning environment for her students.
You can also opt in for these fabulous extras!
Downton Abbey Full Day Excursion
Visit multiple filming locations that were featured in the award winning Downton Abbey PBS television show, including (but not limited to) a guided tour through the church, village yard, Mrs. Crawley’s House, Cottage hospital and… Highclere Castle, the real life Downton Abbey! (Optional: $285 pp)
Jacobite Steam Train Excursion
Travel the famous Jacobite Steam Train, also know as “Hogwarts Express” from the Harry Potter movie series, through western Scotland! Unbelievable views await along the 84 mile trek before your arrival at the town of Mallaig. There you’ll be served an amazing seafood lunch at a traditional Scottish pub before heading back to Fort William. (Optional: $168 pp)
Additional Night befre or after the Tour
Arrive one day early to rest up before the fun begins… or stay an extra day late to regroup before making the trek home. Either way, it’s more time in the United Kingdom!! (Optional: starting at $378 for 2 people)
We can’t wait to see you in England and Scotland!
Know someone who might like to join you on the Festival of Quilts 2024 Summer Quilt Long Tour? Click below to share this page!
ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND NOT ENOUGH? JOIN US IN ICELAND AS WELL FOR A BACK TO BACK TOUR!! CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE ICELAND DETAILS!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What forms of payment are accepted?
US Quilt Tours (NATO LTD) accepts Paypal, Wire transfer or check.
I am traveling alone. Do I need a roommate?
Traveling alone? Not to worry! The folks at US QUILT TOURS are excellent at finding and matching roommates for each tour. Many of our past matches have gone on to become life long friends! Simply contact us for more information.
If you still require a single room, the $1245 supplement will be added to your Iceland Quilt Tour total cost.
Can I bring my spouse?
YES! Our tours are not limited to just quilters. Spouses are more than welcome to enjoy the many attractions at each destination!
Is there a discount for non quilters?
There is no discount or special price for those who choose not to participate in a quilting workshop or other activity on the tour program.
What’s not included?
Not included in the price of the Iceland Quilting Tour are:
- Air fares from your home town to your chosen gateway airport to Iceland and back.
- Meals other than listed above.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Baggage fees charged by airlines.
US QUilt Tours Cancellation Policy
Regardless of reason, cancellations result in a costly process of letters, emails, calls, adjustments and refunds, etc., plus a loss of revenue if time does not permit resale of the lost reservation. The following fees apply to offset these costs., no exceptions. In the event of cancellation by the tour operator, all payments received from tour participants will be refunded. If an airline ticket has been issued on your behalf you are subject to the airlines cancellation fee for the ticket.
- 60+ days prior to departure (International Tours)- cancel fee of $500
- 59 to 30 days prior to departure – cancellation fee of 80% of tour price
- 29 to 0 days prior to departure – cancellation fee of 100% of tour price
Click HERE for more information from US Quilt Tours about their services.
Still have questions?
Want to know more about US Quilt Tours? Click HERE to find out more about Ingo Blondal and US Quilt Tours!
Not sure what a Quilt Tour actually entails? Click HERE to check out what all the hub bub is about!