Join me july 2023 for the Quilting Tour of a lifetime!
Tour Dates: July 21 – July 31, 2023
Join me and US Quilt Tours for a fabulous Iceland in Summer Quilt Tour through the incredible country of ICELAND! Hop on board our luxurious motor coach and head off for culture, mouth watering cuisine and QUILTING!
Travel to Iceland is much in vogue these days. We realize that you can choose between dozens of tours to Iceland, that are operated by reputable tour companies. We, – NATO LTD claim, however, to be the only tour company that offers a genuine Icelandic experience. You will have Rona, an American tour manager, Vala, an Icelandic tour guide and Bjössi our highly valued bus driver. You will be exposed to the Icelandic nature in all its glory, meet the Icelandic horse up close and personally, and enjoy the very best of Icelandic cuisine, throughout the tour.Ingólfur (“Ingo”) Blöndal, owner of US Quilt Tours, NATO, LTD
here are Some of the Highlights you’ll enjoy on our trip to Iceland…
- Be in awe of the spectacular Icelandic nature; steaming hot springs, spouting geysers, thundering waterfalls, majestic glaciers, and immense lava fields.
- Spend time with the popular Icelandic horses and learn all about this unique horse breed.
- Join an exciting whale watching excursion. See majestic humpback and minke whales, dolphins along with breathtaking mountain views.
- Enjoy traditional Icelandic food specialties; fresh fish and the world’s best lamb. Menus are carefully selected at some of Iceland’s best restaurants. It is a gourmet food experience!
- Travel by special monster vehicle through the wilds of Iceland; over lava fields and glacial waters to Þórsmörk Nature Reserve, a favorite of photographers and nature lovers.
- Admire colorful Reykjavík (‘Smoky Bay’), the cleanest of all cities, where the air is pure, the hot water is scalding and salmon is caught in clean waters within city limits.
- Visit Akureyri, the beautiful capital of northern Iceland.
- Explore the major attractions of northern Iceland, – Lake Mývatn, the hot springs at Námaskarð, Dimmuborgir, and the spectacular waterfalls Dettifoss and Goðafoss.
- Travel into Langjökull, Iceland´s 4th largest glacier, a true adventure.
- Learn about Icelandic history; the Vikings, the Sagas; the people who discovered America and founded the world’s oldest parliament.
- Bring back spectacular photographs of Icelandic horses, waterfalls, and unique scenery that Iceland is known for.
- Enjoy shopping in Reykjavík for the hand-knitted sweaters and the latest fashion in woolen garments.
How much does the 11 Day Icleand in summer Quilting Tour cost?
Starting at $4956 per person (Depending on your departure city)
– $500 Deposit required per person.
To hold your place, simply click the button below to fill out the registration form. Once your registration is processed, you will a follow up from US Quilt Tours. They will verify your registration information, go over all the nitty gritty details of the tour, schedule payment and answer any and all questions you may have. Easy peasy!
Tour Dates: July 21 – July 31, 2023
What’s included in the price? Check this out!
- Air fare – round-trip to Iceland by ICELANDAIR or PLAY AIRLINES – Economy Standard.
- Nine nights accommodation at the hotels indicated or similar.
- Breakfast each morning.
- Six lunches and seven dinners.
- Services of tour manager – Rona Herman
- Services of local tour guides.
- Admission to Viking World Museum (Reykjanesbær), Borgarnes Museum, and Textile Museum (Blönduós).
- Horse show at Friðheimar Horse Farm.
- Excursions by “Monster Truck into the “Wilds of Iceland,” and by “Glacier Vehicle” to Langjökull glacier.
- Modern tour bus with WC.
- All transfers and touring as listed in the itinerary.
- Prayers for good weather in Iceland.
- And much more!!
You can also opt in for these fabulous extras!
A Quilting Workshop with Me!
Traditional to Modern
Just for our tour in Iceland, I’ve expanded on my popular Traditional to Modern lecture to make it a full 3 hour workshop! You’ll get to learn all my secrets on how I turn traditional pieced quilt blocks into modern quilt designs. Then, you’ll get to work with me on creating your very own unique design!
Afterward, we’ll spend an entire afternoon with the Icelandic quilters as they show us some of their unique quilts in Iceland tradition and style!
Guided Horse Ride at Icelandic Horse World
Whale Watching Excursion
Visit to the infamous Blue Lagoon!
Register now and you’ll receive A special Traveling Quilters Goodie Bag absolutely free!*
- One Traveling Quilter Pin
- One Traveling Quilter Travel Mug
- And a few special extra goodies from me!!
Supplies are limited so act NOW before they’re all gone!
*Entire Goodie Bag will be delivered upon full Quilt Tour registration and Quilt Tour payment.
We can’t wait to see you in Iceland!
Know someone who might like to join us in Iceland? Click below to share this page! Be sure to tag me @RonatheRibbiter on your social media channels! 😀
Frequently Asked Questions:
What forms of payment are accepted?
US Quilt Tours accepts Paypal, Wire transfer or check.
I am traveling alone. Do I need a roommate?
Traveling alone? Not to worry! The folks at US QUILT TOURS are excellent at finding and matching roommates for each tour. Many of our past matches have gone on to become life long friends! Simply contact us for more information.
If you still require a single room, the $1190 supplement will be added to your Iceland Quilt Tour total cost.
Can I bring my spouse?
YES! Our tours are not limited to just quilters. Spouses are more than welcome to enjoy the many attractions at each destination!
Is there a discount for non quilters?
There is no discount or special price for those who choose not to participate in a quilting workshop or other activity on the tour program.
What’s not included?
Not included in the price of the Iceland Quilting Tour are:
- Air fares from your home town to your chosen gateway airport to Iceland and back.
- Meals other than listed above.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Baggage fees charged by airlines.
US QUilt Tours Cancellation Policy
Regardless of reason, cancellations result in a costly process of letters, emails, calls, adjustments and refunds, etc., plus a loss of revenue if time does not permit resale of the lost reservation. The following fees apply to offset these costs., no exceptions. In the event of cancellation by the tour operator, all payments received from tour participants will be refunded. If an airline ticket has been issued on your behalf you are subject to the airlines cancellation fee for the ticket.
- 60+ days prior to departure (International Tours)- cancel fee of $500
- 59 to 30 days prior to departure – cancellation fee of 80% of tour price
- 29 to 0 days prior to departure – cancellation fee of 100% of tour price
Click HERE for more information from US Quilt Tours about their services.
Still have questions?
Want to know more about US Quilt Tours? Click HERE to find out more about Ingo Blondal and US Quilt Tours!
Not sure what a Quilt Tour actually entails? Click HERE to check out what all the hub bub is about!