How much of your Stash Can You Use in 30 Days?
Let’s be honest, we both have a fabric stash. Yours may not be quite as out of control as mine. However, since all the Quilt Shops are currently closed (many are still shipping online orders!) I decided to start an April Quarantine Stash Challenge to use up as much of our stash as we can before this quarantine is over. That way, we’ll have created more space for the new fabrics once we’re back on the road!
Here are the Rules:
- You can make any project you’d like using your fabric stash. This includes UFO’s, new quilt projects, crafts, or bags.
- Take a picture of your stash today then again on April 30th to see how much you’ve used.
- Share your progress (and your projects!) with us in the Facebook group to encourage new ideas!
The project I picked to start with is my African Violet quilt pattern. However, I want to make it super scrappy. So, I’m going to just randomly pull out colors and fabrics from my stash and see what happens. I’m sew excited to see how this turns out!!
Ok, now you. What are you going to work on? Join us in the Facebook group and share your progress! You’ll also be able to check on my progress as well. Also, if you’re on Instagram you can join in the fun there too! Just be sure to use the hashtag #Aprilstashchallenge and #showmeyourstash.
First Things First:
Speaking of #showmeyourstash, unfortunately for me, my stash is in utter disarray. So’s my studio for that matter.
It’s a good thing the Spring Clean Your Studio blog hop kicks off today! Over the next 30 days we get to check out different studio cleaning tips from some amazing Quilters and designers! Here’s the line up of the upcoming blogs.
- April 1 – Sam Hunter – http://www.huntersdesignstudio.com
- April 2 – Marian Pena – http://www.seamstobesew.com
- April 3 – Jennifer Fulton – http://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions
- April 4 – Martha Wolf – http://Www.pinwheelprodns.com
- April 5 – Jennifer Strauser – http://www.dizzyquilter.com
- April 6 – Steph Carton – http://www.theelimonster.com/blog
- April 7 – Simone Fisher – http://www.simonequilts.com/blog
- April 8 – Kate Colleran – http://www.seamslikeadream.com
- April 9 – Carlina Moore – http://www.alwaysexpectmoore.com
- April 10 – Jen Frost – http://www.faithandfabricdesign.com/blog
- April 11 – Leanne Parsons – http://www.devotedquilter.com
- April 12 – Becca Fenstermaker – http://www.prettypiney.com/blog
- April 13 – Sarah Myers – http://www.quilted-diary.com
- April 14 – Mitzi Redd – http://www.reddhomestead.com
- April 15 – Jeanette Larson – http://www.Jenonthefarm.com
- April 16 – Camille Ainsworth – http://www.stitchinthenw.com
- April 17 – Becky Philips Jorgenson – http://www.patchworkposse.com
- April 18 – Bobbie Gentili – http://www.geekybobbin.com/category/blog
- April 19 – Janellea Macbeth – http://www.janelleamacbeth.com/blog/
- April 20 – Lisa Ruble – http://lovetocolormyworld.blogspot.com
- April 21 – Debra Davis – http://www.tuning-my-heart.com/blog
- April 22 – Rona Herman – http://www.Ronatheribbiter.com <———-That’s ME!
- April 23 – Sue Griffiths – http://www.duckcreekmountainquilting.com
- April 24 – Sarah Ruiz- http://www.saroy.net/
- April 25 – Jessica Caldwell – http://www.desertbloomquilting.com/
- April 26 – Tammy Silvers – http://tamarinis.typepad.com
- April 27 – Ebony Love – http://www.lovebugstudios.com/blog
- April 28 – Cheryl Sleboda – http://blog.muppin.com
Since I can’t really get started on my African Violet quilt until my stash is in order. I guess cleaning will be up first. I’ll be checking in on the Facebook group throughout the week with updates on my progress! Let’s see how big this stash really is and how much I can get through in the next 30 days!
As always my quilty friend, Hoppy Quilting!