And Why I’ve Teamed Up With Them as a Tour Guide!
I have the most amazing news!! I have officially teamed up with US Quilt Tours as their newest quilt tour travel guide! That’s right. You can come with me as we tour the world one quilting adventure at a time!
But, you might be asking yourself, ‘Who are US Quilt Tours?’
I’m so glad you asked! Let me introduce you to the fabulous group that is US Quilt Tours.
Meet Us Quilt Tours
Led by owner Ingo Blondal, US Quilt Tours’ operation is based in Simpsonville, South Carolina. They handle Quilting travel arrangements within the United States for both individuals and groups.
“Here at U.S. Quilt Tours, our ideology is based on the belief that the “real” America is found off the beaten path – away from mass tourism. American history is not only found in Washington, D.C., but also in places like Indian Reservations, the Louisiana Cajun Country, the lands of the Amish in Pennsylvania to the quaint villages of New England. The spectacular nature attractions are an all important element on many of our tours, where visits to the National Parks are frequently incorporated.
Quilters from all over the world travel with us as individuals and in groups, to experience the camaraderie of fellow travelers that have a common interest in the art and craft of quilting.“
2021 Marks US Quilt Tours 37th Year in the Touring Business!
Many years ago a young Ingo Blondal began his career in the Touring industry across the ocean in Africa. Originally from Iceland, this was quite a change. However, he fell in love with the country and led thousands of tours throughout Africa.
After the mini series Roots came out in the 1970’s, Ingo got the idea to bring their African touring business to the United States to help African Americans find their ‘roots’. And thus, his American adventures began.
The whole idea is to travel well, in a comfortable manner; that you enjoy quality accommodations and meals; that you share experiences at each destination with fellow travelers who share your interests and passion-Ingo Blondal (Owner US Quilt Tours)
Over the years Ingo has led tours of all kinds all over the United States and on nearly every continent. That’s why I was so eager to jump on board with the US Quilt Tours team!
Where Does US Quilt Tours Travel?
Along with our upcoming tours in the great state of Georgia, US Quilt Tours leads Quilting Tour groups to:
- Amish Country USA
- New England, USA
- Gone with the Quilt Tour – traveling from Georgia through Gees Bend, AL and on to New Orleans, LA.
- Multiple tours around Iceland
- Patchwork Tour – traveling from Iceland to Germany and France for the great Patchwork quilt festival.
- And coming soon – a European tour to include the Birmingham Festival of Quilts!
- And many more on the horizon!
Want to Take a Quilt Tour With Me?
Coming this Spring, 2021, I have teamed up with US Quilt Tours to lead a handful of Quilt Tours through the great state of Georgia! With several departure dates and locations, beginning in April, 2021, you’ll get a chance to experience first-hand their amazing culture, cuisine and QUILTING!
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Transportation in Modern Tour Bus
- 5 nights accommodation
- Breakfast each morning
- 3 Lunches and 4 Dinners included!
- Quilting Workshops in Griffin, GA with Stacy Michel
- Visit the stunning Waddel Barnes Botanical Gardens
- Attend a spectacular Music event in Macon, GA
- Visits to multiple Quilt Shops!
- A stop in to the amazing Southeastern Quilt & Textile Museum
- And much more!!
Click HERE to learn more about the tour! We hope to see you on the bus!
One might call it fate. One might call it kismet. Either way, a chance meeting with Ingo and US Quilt Tours has allowed me to join an amazing group of travelers and, ultimately, share our love of travel and quilting with all of you!
Won’t you join us for an adventure?!
Not sure what a Quilting Tour is or why you should take one? Click HERE to find out!
- What is a Quilt Tour and Why You Should Take one
- Complete List of Quilt Shops in the US
- Planning a Road Trip Shop hop? Stare HERE!
- Best Travel Safety Tips during COVID