A Quilt Shop Spotlight
While mom and I were on our cross country road trip in the summer of 2021 it was my first time in the state of Nebraska. So, when we ventured into Cozad I wasn’t sure what to expect. What this little town lacks in size it more than makes up for in art, history, community, and quilts! Take a walk with us through the amazing Prairie Point Junction Quilt Shop!!
Why visit cozad, nebraska?
I kid you not. Cozad, Nebraska should be on every traveling quilters Bucket List. Besides the AMAZING Prairie Point Junction quilt shop (more on that in a minute) the entire town is basically one giant scavenger hunt!
Here’s a list of just a few of the things to see and do in Cozad:
- 100th Meridian museum
- Robert Henri art gallery – houses the largest Henri paintings collection in the world!
- Rhakenna’s Wings – painted wings of all sizes painted on structures all over the town
- Cozad Creates Icons – large commissioned painters palettes all especially painted by various artists
- Around 100 barn quilts all over the area including…
- the 50 States Barn Quilt!! 6 ft tall and 24 ft long, there’s a quilt for every state!
Prairie Point Junction Quilt shop
If all that wasn’t enough to bring you out to Cozad, Nebraska, I’m pretty sure Prairie Point Junction quilt shop will do the trick.
Not only does this quilt shop have an outstanding quilting cotton collection, they also have the largest collection of wool fabrics I’ve ever seen! In the video above, owner Julie explains the difference between the different types of wool.
And if THAT wasn’t enough… all the folks at Prairie Point Junction are quilters themselves and can answer all your questions and even help you pick out fabrics for your next project!
To Contact Prairie Point Junction Quilt Shop
Website: https://prairiepointjunction.com/ Email: email@example.com
124 East 8th, Box 184 Cozad, Nebraska, 69130
So when you make it out to Cozad, be sure to grab your art and barn quilt town map and tell the folks at Prairie Point Junction I said hello!!
- Complete List of Quilt Shops in NEBRASKA
- More Quilt Shop Spotlights
- Can you complete the Big Quilter’s Bucket List?
- Complete Lists of Quilt Shops in the US!
- Like Museums? Check out the entire list of Quilt and Textile Museums around the World!
Do you know someone who’d love Prairie Point Junction? Click the buttons below to share with your friends! Then be sure to join us in the Traveling Quilters group on Facebook for more travel adventures!
more on the blog
from the e-store
Traveling Quilter Books$14.95 – $39.90
Quilted Keychain Pattern (PDF)$5.00
Water Crystals Quilt Pattern$12.00
Life Happens, Quilting Helps Quilting T-Shirt Unisex$25.00