An Interview with Silversmith jan larson of thimbles 4 you!
Have you ever wondered how to make a thimble? In this episode I introduce you to Jan Larson from ThimblesForYou.com as we take a look inside her fascinating workshop! We discuss her silversmithing process, various DETAILED products and even how to size your finger for a proper thimble fit!
- 1:55 – How Jan got started Silversmithing
- 4:01 – How to Make a Thimble (Lost Wax Process)
- 7:12 – How Jan gets those FABULOUS design on such small thimbles!
- 10:25 – What about Arthritis knuckles? 11:41 – How to size your Thimble
- 13:37 – More of her AMAZING products!
- 14:55 – More in depth how to process the Thimbles
Keep scrolling for more information about Jan and Thimbles For You!
Do you use Rumble? Click HERE to subscribe to my channel!
Jan has been sewing since she was four years old. Doll clothes led to people clothes. She even went on to win multiple awards in clothing contests. So, when she got to college, majoring in fashion design seemed like a win/win!
Now, Jan has TWO Master’s degrees including one in Public Administration to improve her skills in working with non-profit organizations.
I had never used a thimble (much) until I started making them. Then I suddenly understood why: None of them ever fit, they were not comfortable or inviting to use. I hope that I am changing that.– Jan Larson
Eventually, Jan got talked into learning to make thimbles. But, the process she was taught was a little outdated and very time consuming. So, being the solid student she is, Jan decided to learn a faster and more accurate way to work.
Today, Jan can fit her gorgeous thimbles exactly to your finger. That way the thimble stays on while you work helping to increase your ease of hand sewing!
How to contact Jan
The BEST place to find Jan (and get fitted for a thimble) is at a Quilt Show. She travels to around 40 quilt shows per year so you’re bound to find one near you! Click HERE to find out where Jan will be and when!
- Website: https://www.thimblesforyou.com/
- Blog: https://www.thimblesforyou.com/blog/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (641) 751-9061
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThimblesforYou
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thimblesforyou/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThimblesForYou
Click HERE to check out more episodes of Rona the Ribbiter, the Traveling Quilter!
Do you know someone who’d love the Traveling Quilter show? Click the buttons below to share with your friends!
- Complete List of Quilt Shows around the world
- My best tips for planning and attending Quilt Shows!
- More fun Adventures in Iowa
- Planning a Shop Hop road trip? Start HERE!
Traveling Quilter Books$14.95 – $39.90
Quilted Keychain Pattern (PDF)$5.00
Water Crystals Quilt Pattern$12.00
Quilter’s Bucket List Challenge – Spring Workbook$9.95
Life Happens, Quilting Helps Quilting T-Shirt Unisex$25.00
Check out Jan and the rest of the ‘Quilt Show Circuit Gang’ as they show you what all it takes to put together a national size Quilt Show! Click HERE to watch “Confessions of a Quilt Show”!!